"The willingness to be and to have just what God wants us to be and to have, nothing more, nothing less, and nothing else, would set our hearts at rest, and we would discover that the simpler the life the greater the peace." - Elisabeth Elliot in The Shaping of a Christian Family

Friday, July 21, 2017

No Longer Missing in Action

Yeah, I know. I've been kinda missing in action again. That's because there has been a lot of action.

I "suffered" through going to visit my far-away kids and met my newest grandson.


We've had family visiting us, too, and had a great time with them.

Then I decided to share costs of a farmers' market booth with Sarah, who's been vending hand-spun yarn, enabling me to vend some little girls dresses and hopefully some embroidered pieces.

I had to start out small since I've been so otherwise occupied, but it's mostly been fun and creative. The display is bifold doors from Habitat for Humanity's Restore, painted and polyo-urethaned. It folds into the back of my SUV rather nicely.



Since it's now a shared booth, we redid the sign using an old sign we'd had for our summer cinnamon roll baking business a few years ago. 


Sarah's yarn business is named for the story-telling (yarn-telling) rabbit in Watership Down, so she used pages from an old copy of that book as a back-ground collage.








We have more of these; we had just hung them around the tent.
And that's what we've been up to.

Linked up at: www.weirdunsocializedhomeschoolers.com/weekly-wrap




2 comments:

  1. Awwww! Precious moments with your new grandie! Love all the yarn and things on your stall. Did it go well? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far it's been kinda slow. We're also looking g into Etsy.

      Delete

I would love to hear from you.