"The willingness to be and to have just what God wants us to be and to have, nothing more, nothing less, and nothing else, would set our hearts at rest, and we would discover that the simpler the life the greater the peace." - Elisabeth Elliot in The Shaping of a Christian Family

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Wise Words Wednesday - Creative Devotions

I know that artistic journaling in Bibles or about your Bible reading is popular now and I wish I had both the time for such stuff and the skill to do the memory-enhancing drawings that some people do.

I have neither, so my journaling is limited to now-and-then semi-outlining only-when-particularly-inspired journaling.

Here's how it went recently:


As a missionary preacher's kid, homeschooled by a logical, orderly mom, I learned outlining early on and it has helped me to notice a lot of gems in the Scriptures. (I just wish I had learned more of her orderliness.)


It is encouraging and strengthening to see where we were ("there but for the grace of God go I"), who God is, was, and always will be, and who we are now because of what He did for us as found in Ephesians 2. 


I can easily refer back to this page when I need a synopsis of this chapter, or a pick-me-up when I think I'm worthless, or a multitude of reasons to praise God. All without having to be a creative genius. Heh.

I encourage you to go have a deeper look at that chapter.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you.