"The willingness to be and to have just what God wants us to be and to have, nothing more, nothing less, and nothing else, would set our hearts at rest, and we would discover that the simpler the life the greater the peace." - Elisabeth Elliot in The Shaping of a Christian Family

Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Finally Getting to Sew

This afternoon was declared a sewing afternoon while the most attention-needing of my daughters went to serve an older lady by helping with her yard work. I found the boxes that contain most of my WIPs (Works in Progress) or UFOs (Unfinished Objects), so I can finally set a goal for Joy's  UFO Challenge (now that the year is half over). But...better late than never, right?!

I easily found 21 UFOs, so that's what I'm going with at this point. When we unpack more, I'll count them. Since my goal is to cut this number in half, I have to finish 10.5 projects by the end of the year. Heh.

Today I finished two. 
This little wallhanging is to be a gift for a graduating friend this weekend.




This little thread catcher I made for my very own self. I had started it sometime ago, but discovered that I'd sewn the sides up too high and that made the opening too small, so I took a few stitches out and tacked the seams. And I hadn't put the buttons on yet. So, yes, it was a very quick finish, but every little bit helps and now I have a great place to put my little embroidery floss trimmings.


It felt so good to sew today.






1 comment:

I would love to hear from you.