"The willingness to be and to have just what God wants us to be and to have, nothing more, nothing less, and nothing else, would set our hearts at rest, and we would discover that the simpler the life the greater the peace." - Elisabeth Elliot in The Shaping of a Christian Family

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Wise Words Wednesday

Spiritual Growth Checklist 
by Beth Moore (with a few of additions by me)


  • Is my most important consideration in every undertaking whether or not God could be glorified? (1 Cor. 10:31)
  • Do I desire God's glory or my own? (John 8:5054)
  • In my service to others, is my sincere hope that they will somehow see God in me? (I Pet. 4:10-11)
  • When I am going through hardships, do I turn to God and try to cooperate with Him so He an use them for my good and for His glory? (I Pet. 4:12-13)
  • Am I sometimes able to accomplish things or withstand things only through the power of God? (2 Cor. 4:7)
Then I add:
  • Do I honor others more highly than myself and give them preference? (Rom. 12:10)
  • Am I letting God control my tongue? (James 1:26)
  • Do I value relationship over rules?
  • Do I endeavor to remove the log from my own eye before I try to remove someone else's splinter?
Just a few things to think about, pray for, and work toward.

Do you have some more suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you.