Spiritual Growth Checklist
by Beth Moore (with a few of additions by me)
- Is my most important consideration in every undertaking whether or not God could be glorified? (1 Cor. 10:31)
- Do I desire God's glory or my own? (John 8:5054)
- In my service to others, is my sincere hope that they will somehow see God in me? (I Pet. 4:10-11)
- When I am going through hardships, do I turn to God and try to cooperate with Him so He an use them for my good and for His glory? (I Pet. 4:12-13)
- Am I sometimes able to accomplish things or withstand things only through the power of God? (2 Cor. 4:7)
Then I add:
- Do I honor others more highly than myself and give them preference? (Rom. 12:10)
- Am I letting God control my tongue? (James 1:26)
- Do I value relationship over rules?
- Do I endeavor to remove the log from my own eye before I try to remove someone else's splinter?
Just a few things to think about, pray for, and work toward.
Do you have some more suggestions?