"The willingness to be and to have just what God wants us to be and to have, nothing more, nothing less, and nothing else, would set our hearts at rest, and we would discover that the simpler the life the greater the peace." - Elisabeth Elliot in The Shaping of a Christian Family

Monday, April 10, 2017

Back At It

Hello again. We've been in our new home nearly three weeks and though we still have quite a bit of stuff in boxes, I consider us moved in. Since the plan is to remodel the house, I figure I'm only going to unpack what we need as we need it so it won't get in the way of the remodeling.

I did make sure to unpack the mental and emotional therapy equipment sewing machine and have gotten to use it a few times.

I whipped up some simple double-sided napkins to go with the simple pottery napkin rings I'd made at the art center where we used to live. Yeah, I know it's spring and the fabric is kinda autumnal, but it's nature-ish and it's what I just bought at the local craft store's going out of business sale. And I like it. So there.



Do you see the mosaic pot in the background? That was a housewarming gift from a friend from the years when we used to live here. Now I get to renew that friendship up close. And the gift is a perfect inspiration to me to try to make one like it.


It looks like cleverly cut old dishes put on with a gray grout. How hard can that be? Heh. Now to find the packed tools and such.

But first I want to find the rest of my UFOs (cleverly concealed as WIPs) so I can join Joy in her challenge to finish at least half of them this year.

Getting settled in this new house/old area has been interesting. It's handy to already know my way around, but some things have changed. For instance, we used to be members of two homeschool groups here. Only one seems to still be in existence and I'm not sure they're very active. So we'll keep looking and I'm sure will find some new friends. It's great to have so much family very close by, some of which are close in age to my girls.

3 comments:

  1. I just love the planter! This has been on my dream list to do for so many years, and I've never done it. I'm not sure why I've been so intimidated to try it. This is so beautiful! I'm glad you shared on Fresh Market Friday! Welcome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your napkins came out lovely! Thanks for sharing at the Art of Home-Making Mondays at Strangers & Pilgrims on Earth! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your napkins and the fabric you used.. and you know it is Autumn in Australia, so they can still be season appropriate :) That planter is very cute.. I will have to keep that in mind for a project one day! xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you.