"The willingness to be and to have just what God wants us to be and to have, nothing more, nothing less, and nothing else, would set our hearts at rest, and we would discover that the simpler the life the greater the peace." - Elisabeth Elliot in The Shaping of a Christian Family

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Joy's UFO Challenge

Thanks to Joy and her challenge to finish two UFOs (Unfinished Objects, or Obsessions, in my case) before Christmas, and the fact that my daughter's quilt is in shreds, I pulled out a project she and I had planned out a few years ago.
She had helped to design the twin sized quilt and had picked out the fabrics. We started the cutting, but somehow didn't get any further.





Over the last two weeks I'd been playing around with it, but with Joy's challenge, I decided to get serious about finishing it. I was tickled that Roo was willing to participate a little, but she didn't last long as she said the "stress was mounting." Oh, well. Different strokes for different folks.

So that's one of the projects I hope to finish. The other is more of a challenge for me - a "Quiet Book" for my grandson whose birthday is just a couple weeks after Christmas. I'm actually not sure how many pages I'm going to put in the book, but I hope to make it in such a way with rings for binding so that I can add more pages as I have time to sew.

I hope to show how that's going next time I get to decent internet. (We live in the boonies of Michigan.)


2 comments:

  1. That quilt is going to be stunning Kim! Good on Roo for doing a bit of sewing :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fabric for your quilt. It's going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you.