"The willingness to be and to have just what God wants us to be and to have, nothing more, nothing less, and nothing else, would set our hearts at rest, and we would discover that the simpler the life the greater the peace." - Elisabeth Elliot in The Shaping of a Christian Family

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Where On Earth Have I Been?

Well, part of my absence is due to very poor internet service out here in the boonies. (I love that saying because it originated in the country in which I spent my childhood - the Philippines - with their word "boondoc." Now you know.)

But mostly I've been too terrifically busy for any blogging.

"At what?"you ask.

How about at homeschooling the girls (this one is actually done, but likes to study, so on she goes) while living in an up-north cabin on a lake loaned to us by my husband's generous brother. My husband has taken a job 2.5 hours north of where we live now, so when we can get up to live with him for awhile, it's delightful. (One of the perks of homeschooling is that you can pack up and go.)

With that new job comes the need to move, so we've all been busy getting this house ready to sell and house-hunting up north.


Part of the house-fixing included reroofing the house, which, thanks to my husband and girls and brother and friends from our church who have construction equipment, we finished in two days of very hard work. Then we had to paint all the eaves and fix a little siding and there was lots of painting to do in the house as well as painting the wooden garage doors.

Of course, packing has been happening, including the little "quiltery" so I haven't done any sewing. But while up at the cabin, I went through scraps and turned them into 2.5"squares or 2.5"x4.5" bricks. I also cut novelty fabrics into more usable pieces. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I much of a dent in the scrapboxes. I guess that's a good problem because it means that I have lots of good scraps, right?!

I'm no longer regularly employed as a cook at an assisted living home, but have been working some days there as they are short-handed. Next week I get the joy of training my replacement - a 17 year old friend from a family we've known for 12 years now. It should be fun.

So, that's what's been up. I'll try to be a little more faithful amidst the chaos.

After all, if Joy at Days Filled With Joy can post daily about her completion of UFOs while preparing to move overseas, I should at least be able to do a little better. HA. (If I get some decent internet now and then.)

Enjoy your day!





1 comment:

  1. Hi Kim, I'm sorry I was slow at finding your new blog! I'll update my blog list :) Glad to see you posting a bit more regularly, sometimes starting a "new" blog is all it takes! Great idea to be sorting and cutting up your scraps while you are at the cabin! xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you.